Director of Client Strategy
Blackbird Garage Chicago, IL
The Director of Client Strategy is responsible for developing strong relationships with our best clients while fostering strategic thought leadership throughout Blackbird Garage. The Director will work with all internal teams to uncover new opportunities for clients. You'll be the person people go to for big ideas.
The role requires a strong understanding of eCommerce and all things digital advertising. You'll need a high business acumen in order to speak like an owner with other business owners. This includes being able to discuss both financial metrics and advertising kpi's. You'll lead high impact client meetings by flexing between strategy and execution all the while focused on achieving client goals.
What we do, and how we do it:
Blackbird Garage is a digital growth agency that specializes in direct response customer acquisition. We’re experts at ecommerce strategy and paid social advertising. Think Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest ads. We plan and optimize paid social campaigns. We’ve helped numerous brands scale rapidly and profitably.
What you would do:
Do the day-to-day work of managing client relationships and leading internal teams, which include, but not necessarily limited to:
- Work with clients and campaign managers to create digital ad campaigns
- Coach clients on business strategy. We help our clients grow their business--it will be your job to coach them on scaling it
- Make sure client goals are met
- Establish, lead, and advance client partnerships at the highest level
- Ensure best in class strategy and thought leadership is provided to all clients
- 7-13 years experience managing clients and relationships
- 6+ years of digital media experiences
- Preferably 2+ years of entrepreneurial experience
- Able to create and refine growth marketing strategies
- Can communicate effectively and concisely through email and conversation
- Super high emotional intelligence and capability to switch between strategy and tactics on the fly
- Adept ability to challenge people while maintaining trust. (We excel at pushing our clients to be their very best in all aspects of their business--not just direct response.)
- Solid knowledge of digital advertising campaigns (ex. Facebook, AdWords etc), or a demonstrated ability to learn very quickly.
- Ability to learn new and emerging ad platforms as they become available.
- Able to self-manage time and work schedule.
- Understanding of how advertising, landing pages and conversion rate optimization work together.
- Relentless in staying ahead of the curve on new strategies, advertising channels and conversion rate optimization techniques.
- Strong desire to learn, comfortable in a fast-moving environment.
- Opportunity to grow your career faster by developing highly in demand skills.
- Access to industry conferences.
- Access to a leading shared work space in Chicago.
- Free food: Breakfast once every other week. Lunch once a week. Fruit twice a week.
- Fast moving, tight-knit team.
- The equipment you need to be successful.